Saturday, May 7, 2011

My Balls of Fame

Tipidums Recipe No.2: Microwave-Baked Buttered Meatballs

One exhausting, fateful day, I get home and was tasked to cook up some dinner. We had some meatballs in the freezer and I was supposed to steam them. I thought, what would that taste like? I mean, it had no added flavor or anything. And so, I decided to bake them, with what little ingredients we had lying around at home. And the finished product was quite exquisite.

*I'm very sorry for the lack of a high-res photo. This was taken using my age-old phone cam.

I put the meatballs in an oven-safe bowl, topped it with some crushed garlic, diced red onions, some salt and pepper and covered the whole dish with lots of butter. To add a more gourmet feel, I also topped it with the grated Parmesan cheese lying around the house. I popped it in the microwave on medium high for 5 minutes, then on high for 3 minutes, or until the meatballs are golden brown. Voila! These microwave-baked buttered meatballs were a big hit with my siblings, mom and dad. It was very gourmet yet very inexpensive and easy to make. Try it for yourself!

The meatballs may be bought in your deli market if any are available. Or you can choose to make your own by balling a mixture of ground beef and/or pork (yes, you can combine them), salt and pepper and an egg. You can also incorporate some veggies like tiny diced carrots and your chosen greens or other spices.

Tipidums Score: a perfect 5

No comments:

Post a Comment