Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Ahoy, Mates!

One trend that’s really been hot and happening this summer is one very apt for the main star of the summer that is the ocean – the sailor look. This look is mainly characterized by navy blue hues, mainly in cropped pants partnered with bright-colored plains or prints. I’ve incorporated pieces for this look in my wardrobe with classic stylish pieces you can wear comfortably in casual occasions. Here’s one I wore in our college’s summer-themed year-ender party last March, and again last holy week vacation with the family last April.

Do not mind the stupid expression on my face in my mom’s candid shot of me. Focus on the clothes. Hehe. Here I paired my high-waist Petite navy shorts with a top of bright white and pink stripes. For the shoes, I wore white studded flats to complete a whole clean, casual, stylish look.

Fun, fun photo-op with my sisters and my mom

You can also pair the navy hues with white, bright yellow or cherry red tops and shoes. Play with accessories like belts and ribbons. This look can be pulled off by basically anybody with the right, suiting pieces. Of course, just keep it casual and DO NOT overdo it. It’s a fun, cool, trendy look yet classic and worthy of investment. Anchors away, girls!

4 comments:

  1. I love the outfit girl! :)Looking forward for stylish writes. G

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would have been better if your top got the sailor collar :P There's a thing called de/attachable collar. You ought to get one :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the top! You look great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those shorts are great (:

    http://ninety2wo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete